Job Title: YOUTH HUB MANAGER – 12month fixed term contract with potential for extension
Location: STREATHAM, LONDON, SW16
Salary: BETWEEN £25,000 – £30,000 depending upon qualifications and experience
Job Purpose: To be responsible for the provision of careers advice and guidance to young people and adults aged between 16 – 24 and for creating and developing links with parents, teachers, employers and other agencies as appropriate. The overall aim is to support unemployed or under-emplpyed young people into work.
- To give impartial careers advice, counselling, guidance and information to people aged 16 – 24 on an individual or group basis as appropriate from our dedicated Youth Hub, our Youth Club and other community facilities in and around Streatham.
- To liaise on a day-to-day basis with the Principal Youth Worker
- To maintain close contacts with local employers by visits and information provision. To advise them of developments in education and training and to encourage their use of our service for recruitment and selection of young people.
- To ensure effective and up-to-date information in appropriate locations such as jobs boards and the SYCT website and social media
- To encourage the use of information technology and developments in IT provision and to enable service users to use information to enhance their own career.
- To highlight un-met education and training needs with the local colleges and influence curriculum development to meet skills gaps
- To maintain awareness of current developments in employment and education policy and practice
- To maintain accurate records about the people accessing our services
- To develop processes for engaging school leavers who have not secured exit routes.
- To develop and maintain links with agencies/organisations as appropriate to needs of job seekers.
- To be aware of and prepared to challenge inequality and discrimination and promote and encourage good practice in recruitment with employers.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Principal Youth Worker
If you are interested in finding our more email email@example.com for a full job description and application form